21 June 2015

Monday

My wife.

Since my last (departing) post I have continued to journey through the ebb and flow of life and have been significantly blessed. Along the way I have been given opportunities that afforded me great ability to learn. I was able to study the Conjugate Method under Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell, I worked as a CrossFit Coach at a local box, I earned both the CSCS and TSAC-F through the NSCA, I learned to sumo deadlift from Matt Wenning, I served on a team of four that created an operational fitness "C" school for the military, I became a tactical combatives instructor in Krav Maga, and most importantly my beautiful daughter was born.

What I have learned/relearned is this:
1. Make being strong a strength!
2. Incorporate daily mobility training - Becoming a Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett, is an awesome resource.
3. Conditioning should be balanced to target all three energy systems appropriately.
4. Variety is integral to creating a greater base of GPP.
5. Your program should allow for individual goals/objectives.
6. Your rest/recovery should be intelligently planned/programmed.
7. Target your weaknesses/deficiencies!
8. Training should revolve around the functional movements of the body: pushing, pulling, squatting, hinging at the hips, loaded carry, rotation, and counter rotation. 
9. Follow a plan.

Conditioning
3-4 Rounds
30x Atomic push-ups
30 sec Sprint in place jumping rope
30x Alternating KB swings 53/35lbs
10x Strict pull-ups
30x Alternating pistols
30 sec Rest

then

3 Rounds
PVC wrist roller extension w/10lbs 5 feet up and back down
5x Standing ab wheel rollouts as slow as possible
2 minute wrestler neck bridge
Rest as needed between rounds



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you bro! Miss your posts. Glad to see you're still working hard to become the swiss army knife of men. Holler at your boy!

    ReplyDelete